Welcome to HeatingPadReviews.com!
Heating pads are very useful products that many people find make their life a lot easier. If you are currently suffering from aches and pains in any part of your body then this is something that could bring you immediate comfort and a deeply soothing sensation.
There are many good reasons for choosing to buy a heating pad product and a lot of different models out there for to choose from. Therefore, getting fully informed on the subject and reading through some useful heating pad reviews is a fine idea.
In this way, you will soon be ready to enjoy the benefits of these versatile pads and feel great about life again.
Types of Heating Pad
When you first start looking at this type of product then you will see that there are four main types of heat pad that you can choose from.
Infrared heating pads are those that you plug in to get them to heat up. It can then be applied directly to the skin in order to feel its soothing effect. This kind of heating pad is typically recommended for people who are suffering from the likes of spondylolysis, osteoporosis, or a slipped disc. This works very well on mild to moderate levels of pain.
Chemical heating pads use an exothermal chemical reaction to produce heat. The heat is produced instantly and it is recommended for dealing with mild to severe pain, meaning that it is likely to be the type that you go for if you are really in serious pain. It can be re-used again afterwards by putting it in boiling water for 15 minutes before use.
The classic hot water bottler is also classed as a type of heating pad too. This is a very versatile product that is most suitable for mild pain and that provides a very comforting sensation. You simply need to fill it with hot water whenever you want to use it. The fact that a good hot water bottle will stay warm for a long time means that it is ideal for getting relief from pain throughout the day or night, although with some risks overnight.
The other kind of pad you will see is the sort that is often described as a natural or herbal pad. This doesn’t need to be plugged in, as you just heat it up in a microwave when you need it. It is also possible to use this pad cold by putting it in the fridge before use. The versatility of this heating pad means that it is ideal for treating sprains and other injuries, although it is typically used only in relatively mild cases of pain.
The Benefits of Heating Pads
- Pain reduction. The benefit of heating pads that most people look for is the way that they can be used to reduce aches and pains very quickly. Applying one of these pads directly to your body allows heat to penetrate into your muscles and help them to heal. While it is perhaps most commonly known for easing back pain, this type of treatment can assist in relieving many other types of pain as well.
- Relaxation. By getting a warm pad to soothe your aching muscles you will feel a lot more relaxed. Indeed, some people have advised that they were able to get a much better night’s sleep and lower stress levels once they started this treatment at home. Even if you aren’t injured but are feeling anxious and stressed out, this is something that could make you feel a whole lot better right away.
- Loosen stiff muscles after vigorous exercise. If your body is feeling stiff and tired after exercising then using a heating pad can help to alleviate this feeling of stiffness and discomfort.
- Reduce menstrual cramps. Many women have also been delighted to discover that heating pads can help to greatly diminish the pain and uncomfortable feeling that comes with their menstrual cramps.
- Other health benefits. Some users have claimed that using heating pads has improved their blood circulation, boosted their immune system or given them some other health benefit.
- Low cost. It has to be said that this is a very cost effective way of treating sprains, aches and other complaints. Rather than visiting a clinic or getting a physiotherapist to visit you at home, you can very get a cheap product that works wonderfully well instead. Each type of heating pad varies in cost, so be sure to do some research on heating pad reviews to see which one offers you the best value for money.
- Versatile. The best heating pads can help you out with a whole range of aches and pains all over your body. Whether you have problems with your back, legs, shoulders, elbows or anywhere else, the right heating pad can have you feeling fantastic again almost instantly.
- Easy to Use. Anyone can apply a heating pad and get the relief that they offer. You don’t need any special training to use one and there are almost no risks of you doing it wrong.
- Take it anywhere. If you want to apply a heating pad when you are away from home then this is easily done. They are compact and highly portable, meaning that you could take one virtually anywhere with you.
How They Work
The best heating pads work very simply, by heating up the part of the body that they are placed on. So, how does this help to lower pain levels so quickly?
The soothing effect is due to the fact that the heat makes the body’s blood vessels dilate. This helps the flow of blood and allows oxygen to reach the damaged tissues more easily.
Another beneficial effect is that it helps to stimulate sensation in the skin, which tends to result in fewer pain signals being sent to the brain by that part of the body. In addition, this heat treatment can also help to increase the flexibility and lower the stiffness levels of the tissues around the damaged zone.
How to Use One
As we saw earlier, there are a few of different types of heating pad to choose from. While the method of heating up the pad differs in each case, the process of applying to pad to the injured area is very similar.
The most important issue is to set the temperature at the right level for your skin. Not everyone can tolerate the same level of heat and you definitely want to avoid burning or otherwise damaging your skin with a heating pad.
You should immediately feel a warm, soothing sensation but you certainly shouldn’t feel any extra pain from using this device. If you do then you should stop using it immediately.
As the pads all cool down at different rates depending upon their characteristics, you will need to use them for differing periods of time and re-heat them as necessary. Check the instructions that come with your heating pad for more information.
Choosing the Best Heating Pad
With so many heating pads on the market to choose from, you might wonder how to get started in the right way.
Well, the very first step is to consider the type of heating pad that you want, from the different models mentioned earlier. Your final decision will likely depend on factors such as cost, convenience, level of pain and location of the injury.
Some types of heating pad are best for certain types of injury as well, so spending some time reading heating pad reviews and finding out your options is a good move.
Then, you will want to consider where you plan to use the heating pad. Do you need it to be highly portable, will you have access to a microwave or to hot water when you use it?
Once you have a fairly clear idea of the sort of heating pad that you want to apply to your sore area then it is time to check out some heating pad reviews online. This site has a wide range of reviews on different models that might be of interest to you, while you will also find plenty of reviews on site such as Amazon.
In this way, you can find the ideal heating pad for your needs at the right price. Of course, since they are relatively inexpensive to buy, some people opt to purchase more than one to cover different situations and possible emergencies.
The Best Heating Pad Reviews
Sunbeam 731-500 Heating Pad with UltraHeat Technology
This popular heating pad, the Sunbeam 731-500, gives a consistently high temperature that helps provide pain relief that you can rely upon. With 3 heat settings, a slide controller and a machine washable cover it is easy to use and look after.
- 3 heat settings
- Large switch makes it perfect for arthritis sufferers
- Includes sponge for moist heat therapy
- Good value purchase
- Some users complain of the build being slightly flimsy
PureRelief XL – King Size Heating Pad with Fast-Heating Technology
With even heating and extremely soft material, the PureRelief XL is a comfortable heating pad to use. Its big size also means that it can be used easily on many different parts of the body
- Ideal for many different parts of the body
- Extra-large pad size
- Soft, comfortable microplush material
- 5 year warranty
- Some users complain of a strong chemical smell
Sunbeam 732-500 King Size Heating Pad with UltraHeatTechnology
This Sunbeam 732-500 king sized heating pad is great value for money and incredibly easy to use. The hottest setting may be too hot for some people but there are a total of 3 heat settings to choose from.
- 3 heat settings
- Easy to care for
- Suitable for moist heat therapy, with sponge included
- Big size
- It can get bunched up and difficult to flatten
Sunbeam 938-511 Microplush King Size Heating Pad with LED Controller
The extra big size and soft material makes this heating pad a pleasure to use. The 4 personalized heat settings also make this easy to adapt to each person’s own needs.
- LED controller
- Extra big pad to help bring relief to different parts of the body
- 4 personalized heat settings
- Moist heat option
- A few customers have had issues with having to unplug the plug and then plug it back it again to get it work
Sunbeam 002013-912-000 King Size XpressHeat Heating Pad
This quality heating pad warms up a lot faster than many others on the market right now. It also benefits from being made of a soft touch material and having useful features such as a moist heat option.
- Heats up in just 30 seconds
- Reversible design and fully machine washable
- Digital LCD controller
- Moist heat option
- Hand control can get too hot for comfort
Buying the right heating pad could turn out to be one of the best decisions that you ever make. This is a very useful product that can be used to relieve pain almost instantly wherever you are and whatever part of your body it is that is hurting.
Take some time to find out your options and then weigh them up in order to make a great decision that you are happy with.
The excellent benefits of the best heating pads mean that you will feel instant relief and understand that you made the right move in choosing one to help you to feel better.